During the early 1990s, an Anglesey farmer, Edward (Ned) Jones persuaded the Bodorgan estate to permit him to test his rally car on the now derelict army camp at Ty Croes. The area had been subject to a compulsory purchase order by the Ministry of Defence in 1941. The Estate managed to to buy back the first tranche of land on 24th August 1989.
Things progressed quite rapidly and the Caernarvonshire and Anglesey Motor Club held their first Motor Sports Association permitted event stage rally on 24th August 1989. This proved a most popular event with a healthy mix of locals and competitors from further afield and led to several further stage rallies.
Like the Wirral 100 and their motorcycle events, our original rally organiser is still providing rallies today, The Glyn Memorial Stages, held annually during November is an important part of our current calendar.