It’s hard to beat a day at the track on an F1 race weekend. Make sure you have all of the things on our checklist so that you can make the most of your experience. Here’s a brief rundown of everything we’ve included.
- A good set of binoculars
- A camera, preferably with a zoom lens
- Sunscreen and a hat
- A packed lunch and snacks – If you’d prefer not to live off food offered by the circuit then remember to take your own food and drink. Bottles of water are especially advisable for hotter races.
- A fold-up chair or blanket to sit on
- An umbrella or poncho in case of rain
- Earplugs or headphones – Ear plugs or ear defenders are highly advisable to protect your hearing. Far from diminishing your enjoyment of the action, you’re more likely to appreciate not having a splitting headache by lap three. Street circuits like Monaco are especially noisy as the wail of the engines echoes off the buildings. If you opt for ear defenders you can use a set of headphones to listen to trackside radio (where available) to follow what’s going on around the rest of the track.
- A race program to help you follow the action
- A cool bag or cooler to keep drinks cold
With all of that sorted, you’re good to go! Enjoy the race!